9800 South 800 East, Sandy, UT 84094

Food Handlers General Information

A Food Handler card is required for any and all persons working in and around any establishment that handles food within its boundaries. An example would be a waiter, cook, cashier, or ticket taker at a movie theatre. You are also required to have a Food Handler card for special or temporary events such as a church festival, concession booth, or community fair. A Food Handler card is also required for employees working with children when any food is served. Childcare centers, home daycare, and preschool workers must have a card if any snacks are being served to the children.

Call 801-826-6675 for any questions.

The new class will now cover child care food handler’s topics.  The same card will work for regular establishments along with child care. Please show up 15-20 minutes early.  Registration will now take a bit longer due to changes made by the state.  Upon completion of the course and test you will be issued a temporary card and within 30 days the Salt Lake Valley Health Department will send you your permanent card. Your Food Handler card is good for three years.

Lost your card?

If you have lost your card, please call the Salt Lake Valley Health Department to obtain a duplicate. (385) 468-3845

Translate »

Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement

Canyons School District is committed to making this website compliant with the ADA. At this time, we recognize that not all areas of this website may be ADA compliant. We are currently in the process of redesigning and creating new website content to be compliant with the W3C Level Two guidelines. If you are experiencing issues with this website, please contact us here communications@canyonsdistrict.org